Be A Sponsor
We need your support to help plan and execute a year-long commemoration that includes everything from cultural activities to community-wide events. The City of Gainesville is leading the fundraising effort for Gainesville150! with a goal of raising an additional $150,000 to match the City’s contribution.
Donations are being sought from businesses, foundations and individuals with a vested interest in Gainesville’s vitality. Sponsorship opportunities are available to recognize donors who help make Gainesville150! truly memorable.
Listed are some suggested opportunities, but we can customize a sponsorship package just for you.
Be An Affiliate
The City of Gainesville invites local organizations, businesses and individuals to participate in the anniversary as Gainesville150! Affiliates. Affiliates are vital to engaging the community in commemorating this historic milestone. Through co-promotional efforts, affiliates have the opportunity to connect to Gainesville150! by hosting events and creating city-inspired items such as food, drinks, promotional packages, etc. Please contact Nicole Yucht for more information, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
BE A SPONSOR
Create a lasting mark by sponsoring the production of a documentary about Gainesville’s history and heritage. The film will focus on stories from local residents, historians and other experts to share their narratives about the community.
Launch to 2169 – Gainesville150! Closing Event
Be the title sponsor of the event of the year. We will close the Gainesville150! anniversary year with an epic community-wide event to launch the next 150 years. Scheduled for April 2020, the closing event will create memories of a lifetime in a fun carnival setting.
Digital Time Capsule
Provide the infrastructure to archive this moment in time to serve as a digital scrapbook for future Gainesvilleans.
A Quinn Jones Birthday Celebration
Partner with the City to co-host a birthday party with a festival atmosphere in honor of Prof Jones, the first principal of Lincoln High School. This event will be in March.
Art in the Parks Sculptures and Programming
Help bring people to the parks who may not regularly visit and connect others to art who may not have access to it by sponsoring this year-long public art exhibit that brings beautiful sculptures by artist David Hayes to 20 of Gainesville’s 90+ parks. The sculptures will serve as a beacon for community engagement through programming such as yoga and art history classes.
Summer in the City – Dance Party (FULFILLED)
Thank you Gainesville Health and Fitness!
Co-host this party with the City of Gainesville on National Dance Day when we close the streets downtown, string up lights and bring in a DJ for a fun dance party in front of the Hippodrome.
Sponsor Synchronica :: Framing Time, an exhibition of 150 photo self-portraits and peer-portraits of young adults who created a glimpse of a moment in time in their lives. Each individual portrait was juried from a total of over 1,100 submissions, scored on artistic merit, presence of the subject, and the voice and vision of the photographer. The exhibit opens in June at the Historic Thomas Center Galleries.
Website Design (FULFILLED)
Thank you Frankel Media Group!
Help design the virtual gathering place of Gainesville150! to showcase the events and activities throughout the anniversary year. Gainesville150.org is the website that pays tribute to our past, celebrates today and helps envision our future.
Gainesville 150! History Hunt
Sponsor the event to engage teams of sleuths and gamers on a scavenger hunt in downtown this fall, and learn Gainesville history in the process.
Boulware Springs Picnic
Recreate the historic picnic where the decision was made to move the county seat from Newnansville to Gainesville where the railroad was under construction. Join your neighbors and meet new friends at this outdoor event at Boulware Springs Park.
Neighborhood Block Parties
Help bring neighbors together at multiple block parties around the community.
Gainesville 150! Bus Wraps
Help fund bus wraps that travel around the City to promote the anniversary and generate even more excitement.
BE AN AFFILIATE
Gainesville150! Affiliate Criteria
- Plan, fund and coordinate events, activities, promotions, etc. to commemorate the 150th anniversary. (Events are not required to be free or open to the public, but we do request that access and opportunity for the underserved be a consideration in pricing.)
- Include the Gainesville150! logo and “Gainesville150.org” on event promotional materials (brochures, websites, social media, fliers, posters etc.). Include the #GNV150 hashtag on social media.
- Register and list each event/promotion on the 352Arts.org calendar.
- Co-host events on Facebook with the Gainesville150 Facebook page, @GNV150.
- Distribute monthly communications to your list announcing various activities of Gainesville150! These communications will be provided by the project team.
- Allow Gainesville150! project team members to participate in some way at affiliate events, e.g. tabling, distributing promotional materials, having the Story Cycle participate, etc.
The Gainesville150! project team will:
- Give Gainesville150! logo files and other assets to Affiliate organizations.
- Promote Affiliate events on Gainesville150.org and 352Arts.org calendar in addition to @GNV150 Facebook.
- Include Affiliate events on other appropriate promotional materials (brochures, websites, social media, fliers, posters, etc.) related to the project.
- Participate in some way at each event/promotion, when available and with proper notice, e.g. tabling, distributing promotional materials, having the Story Cycle present, etc.)
- Allow Affiliate to table or provide collateral or giveaways at City-produced events on a case by case basis. Based on availability, space and the nature of the event.